Monday 5 September 2011

Post tournament ramblings

Its been a couple of days since the Hull Vs York ICC and I've just about recovered, events just seem to tire me out these days - listen to me I sound like an old man!!!

I'll insert a photo of the whole army here when I have the energy to do it, so probably next week ;-)

Insert pic here you lazy man!

So I wrote a list for assassination as I knew time would be tight and out of four games I didn't do it once, nor did I get the opportunity to attempt it!  I'm not really sure why things went the way they did, maybe my opponents just knew what I would do and avoided it.

I ended up winning 3/4 games on scenario and the fourth on tertiary (VP's).  I think that on reflection the eSevvy list works equally well on scenario, I lost the roll off for first turn on all four games and had to go second each time.  I ended up feating on my second turn on all four games and moving the enemy infantry off objectives and scoring with my own, instantly putting huge pressure on my opponents to get back into the game or caster kill.  I defended eSevvy well and I don't think anybody took a point of damage off him all tournament.  So perhaps it all worked out, but for different reasons to what I had planned!

I'll write up a detailed battle report in the next post, but for now I'd like to express my gratitude to Brett Wilkie for organising the event, that we all enjoyed so much, congrats to Manners for captaining the winning team and the York lads for being such sporting and generous hosts.

No comments:

Post a Comment