Wednesday 6 March 2013

Second Knight



The final piece to be painted in the Feora1 50 point army was the second Knight Exemplar Seneschal (KES).  I’ve tried to make a trio of lists for competition purposes, each fielding some different units and ‘jacks to keep me going painting-wise; but still be competitive – hence the Idrians and KES.  I've fielded this trio: Feora1, Feora2 and Kreoss1 at 35 points in a Masters event at York a month ago, I've scaled it up to 50 and intend to field it again in another month at Bridgeford Bloodshed 1.

These KES solo’s are pretty decent in melee and when they get angry hit pretty hard and accurately – they’ve been useful in blocking charge lanes, contesting scenario elements and generally being a pain in the ass for my opponents!  Further tactics can be read in the first article I wrote on KES here.

The latest KES has a hero pose, I deliberately mounted him on a sloping rocky base and to further differentiate him from his buddy I chopped his left arm off and reposed it in a similar way to how the Errant Officer holds his sword, very simple to do – I just used a razor saw at the correct angle and inserted a pin to ensure the joint held.

I decided to paint the new KES in a similar way to his brother, but I used a greater amount of purple armour and much less white, though I maintained the same gold trim, sanguine clothing and brown/red banners for continuity.  There isn’t much more to say regards the paint job as again it follows the same scheme I have discussed throughout this blog.  Following the finished KES photos are a few more Idrian photos – hopefully these will look better than the ones in the previous article!

Knight Exemplar Seneschal - rear
Knight Exemplar Seneschal - front
 
Knight Exemplar Seneschal - side

Knight Exemplar Seneschal - side
Knight Exemplar Seneschals
Knight Exemplar Seneschal - front
 More Idrians (better lighting):





No comments:

Post a Comment