Tuesday 3 July 2012

Pre ETC rumblings


So it’s the big event this coming Friday (06/07/2012), I’ve practiced my list countless times, so much so that I’m looking forward to playing something different once the tournament has been and gone!

Painting is now all done with the last few Choir members being completed a few days ago.  As noted previously painting has been very hard this past year, but I’m glad to field a fully painted list and hopefully pull my weight when considering the team for painting scores etc.

Below are a few snaps of the second Choir:

Choir II front view

Choir II rear view


Choir II close-up view

As this blog often focuses on painting I’ll add a few comments on this unit; it was painted very similarly to the first unit, but differentiated by a few subtle colour changes.  Perhaps the biggest difference was the parchment scrolls the Choir hold out on display.  I painted these with the bone colour palette of P3 Menoth White Base and P3 Menoth White Highlight.  Though the style was different between the cream coloured clothing and the parchment they both looked very similar from a distance due to the same base and highlight colours and was something I wasn’t happy with at all.  Therefore I applied two thinned washes of GW Gryphonne Sepia to tint the colour of the parchment whilst keeping the paint style.  This immediately made the model look ten times better and a very simple technique.  Later details were applied to the parchment which further enhanced the effect.

Gaming has gone well for the Kreoss list, as noted above I’ve played loads of games with the list and thinking about it as I type I’ve barely lost in the past 10 or so games so I’m about as confident with it as I can be.  I realise that I’ve added the ‘kiss of death’ with that last statement and will undoubtedly loose all my games at the ETC to balance out the wins – D’oh!!!

Really looking forward to the tournament, though readers who keep track of the current Warmachine and Hordes events will know the ETC has been mired with last minute pitfalls and problems associated with the venue at Maelstrom games.  It appears that there will be an unprecedented number of gamers at the event and they’re converting their bar area to a gaming room as well as hiring a large marquee for gaming in the car park – how the logistics will work is beyond me as well as the nightmare of health and safety with so many people crowding the site!

I’m really wishing the event is going to be a success and I enjoy it as much as I’m hoping, lets hope the issues surrounding it don’t prove to overshadow the event…  

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Indeed not long to go now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good bud. Best of luck for the tourney! I'm sure it will be just fine

    ReplyDelete