Wednesday 3 October 2012

More Completed Menites



Firstly, many thanks for the kind comments in the previous entry, much obliged thanks :-)

This article will basically showcase the painted miniatures I have mentioned in the previous couple of entries; Holy Zealots, Vassal Mechanic and Vessel of Judgement.  They were all painted in the same style as my previous Menites, picking out select panels for the lilac; the colour which singles my personal army out from the standard colour scheme, basing etc.

Holy Zealots
The Zealots came out quite well and they were quite nice to paint, they’re one piece models, barring the Monolith Bearer and the poses are all quite similar, but still I think the unit looks quite individual and good on the battlefield.

Gaming-wise I’ve not fielded the unit many times and need some practice to get the best out of them, they have very short ranged weapons and not much cop in melee.  I think their mini-feat makes them somewhat invulnerable for a round and can therefore be used to jam up an enemy unit for a turn.  I think their bombs are better at using the blast damage rolls to clear out high DEF, low ARM troops, but anything with half way decent armour has laughed at them so far!
Holy Zealots unit
Holy Zealots side view
Holy Zealots front view
Holy Zealot rear view
Holy Zealots side view

**Monolith Bearer photo to come!

Vassal Mechanic
The Mechanic is a fairly new miniature and came out with Prime2, I think it is quite well posed and there are quite a few nice details, tools etc.

In the game they are skill [8] and therefore just above average to make the skill check, but not enough to be reliable in my opinion, so 2-3 if points allow would be a better statistical option.  I guess if you’re fielding numerous ‘jacks and or the Vessel of Judgement then these “Menofixers” are a great addition.

Vassal Mechanic front view

Vassal Mechanic rear view

Vassal Mechanic side view

Vessel of Judgement
In the last article I showed off a couple of snaps of my work in progress for this battle engine.  It is now complete as seen below.

Gaming-wise, I’ve only had a couple of games with this machine now and aren’t convinced it is worth the nine point investment, I think it will come into its own at around 50+ points where it becomes difficult to field another ‘jack and you’ve already got a couple of decent units.  I think it kind of takes the place of one of these and at less than 50 points the ‘jack or unit is more valuable.  Might not be the case, but from less than a handful of games using it at 35 points these are my thoughts!

Vessel of Judgement

Vessel of Judgement

Vessel of Judgement

Vessel of Judgement
Next up, hopefully a 360 degree rotation of the Harbinger, Splattermania style!

3 comments:

  1. Very, very nice Nick, That vessel of Judgement is a cracking piece, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the vessel of judgement - really spectacular.

    Also the zealots are great - they'd be the models Id be most keen to paint from Menoth - got to love that many robes on a model.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah the Vessel was really good to paint and I think will form a great centre piece to the army, just looking forwards to big Judy now!

    @Glamage, I have got the hang of doing robes and folded clothing now, good job eh considering the amount Menoth has! The DVD I borrowed off you a while ago was great for learning how to layer and mix shades :-)

    ReplyDelete