Monday 28 November 2011

A bit of all sorts

Since the last entry I've painted up the Temple Flame Guard unit attachment, seen below; they were painted identically to the main unit in this entry.  The UA will add a bit more punch to the unit and a bit more survivability, the officer's mini-feat allows the unit to have +4 armour for a round as well as immunity to knock down and stationary causing effects.  The unit also get tactics: 'Menoth's Howl' and this allows them to cause terror and have continuous effect fire on their melee weapons.  I'll look forward to fielding these pretty soon!
Temple Flame Guard UA front
Temple Flame Guard UA rear

TFG Officer close-up

TFG Standard bearer close-up
 I recently purchased the Blood of Martyr's heavy character warjack with a view to getting Thyra up and running.  I thought I'd share a good tip for assembling a model where the contact joint is tiny and the risk of damage great.  I used thick super glue with accelerator spray to get a good bond in the gap where Blood of Martyr's  long tabards are joined to the chassis of the warjack.  Following this I filled in a layer of greenstuff behind this to further reinforce the joint, making a kind of wedge.  It is simple enough technique not to be a stunning revelation, but worth noting as without it problems would undoubtedly have occurred!  See photos below:


Regarding painting I'll crack on with the second unit of Errants next, though I'm not really looking forward to them as it is a really long winded job, but they need doing so I'll have to find motivation!

Gaming wise I'm looking forward to December Domination next weekend, details of this can be seen here.

Look forward to seeing you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment