Friday 14 October 2011

Vanquisher complete

I've spent the last few free evenings productively and finished the Vanquisher.  The Crusader components that fit with this magnetised kit are not done however, but will be done at some point no doubt.  As the kit was magnetised I found it quite easy to get into all of the nooks and crannies of the model, some of which can get missed when  fully assembled miniatures are painted.

Vanquisher legs and base
Continuing on from the last blog entry, the photo to the left shows the finished legs and base.  I used quite a bit of water effect on this base with a small stream or puddle running through the base.  I mounted the Vanquisher on the rocks flanking the water to add to the dynamics.  I found that the Army Painter tufts work nicely with watery bases, enhancing the diorama.







 The following photos show the Vanquisher through 360 degrees, click for larger image:

Vanquisher front-right
Vanquisher front
Vanquisher left
Vanquisher rear
Finishing the Vanquisher was the final step for the Golden Troll event, so the next thing will be to finish part two of the desert terrain project.  Following that I'm unsure what to paint next, I am considering the Holy Zealots or more Exemplar Errants for units, maybe the Harbinger or eFeora for casters, possibly the second Vassal or eEiryss for solos.  It might be an idea to upgrade my Sevvy lists to 50 points and paint those bits - who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment