Wednesday 3 August 2011

Epic Sevvy

So I've got three models to paint for the tourny, I started epic Sevvy first as he's one I've fancied painting for a while now.  I assembled him and undercoated him several months ago, however for painting purposes I decided to snap him off the epic base, I applied only a small amount of glue at the time so he would easily come apart again.  If you look at the painted figure here you can see that the priests would be difficult to paint properly with Sevvy attached.



Above you can see that I've just about painted the base fully, I decided to pin Sevvy into his feet after painting the base as I realised that I'd probably use a very small amount of glue once both parts were painted and the joint would be a weak and no doubt break.  This way I'd have confidence in the strength of the models joint to the base.

I am planning on painting the bottom of Sevvys cloak first with a view to attaching him to the base early to I can hold the base whilst I paint him as opposed to part of his body and risking smudging un-cured paint.  I'm quite pleased with how its coming together so far so hopefully in a few days he'll be looking as dapper as his prime counter part.

No comments:

Post a Comment