Tuesday 9 August 2011

eSevvy continued

Well its been a few days since my last post and I haven't managed that much unfortunately, just been feeling a bit crap lately and not got much painting done. I have however managed a few hours tonight and eSevvy is coming along OK, hopefully he'll be done soon.

I bought some more Shining Gold from GW the other day, with a view to using it on the eSevvy model and it is absolutely crap, coverage is terrible and it doesn't look much good after multiple coats...  Not sure if I've just bought a naff pot or its GW cut backs on pigment or something.  I'm going to have a whirl with some other makes I think.

In the mean time this made me laugh:

3 comments:

  1. Nick,

    I had the same problem and tried the Game colour range. Never looked back, the colour pigment seems alot better than GW and the stopper bottles stop the paint from drying out unlike GW crappy pots. Have a try m8, the pricing isnt too bad either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll give them a whirl mate, I always used to think the GW metalics were pretty decent. I've been using more of the P3 range lately as I've tried to colour match to the book/artwork. Luke uses Reaper paints, though they're hard to get hold of the look good too.

    Cheers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think anything in dropper bottles is a step forward.

    Very pleased with Reaper but it would likely need to be a bulk order to make it worth importing from America.

    ReplyDelete