Wednesday 17 August 2011

List performance

I've used eSevvy for gaming purposes recently in preparation for the upcoming tourny and getting comfortable with his play style again.

I played him at 50 points last week down at the club, using my 35pt list with a few extras.  I was against Cryx led by eSkarre, against Andrew Kenny.  eSkarre has stealth so my twin Reckoner long range assassination was off the cards, so it was a good opportunity to switch to grinding out a win or concentrate on a scenario win.  We had set up the board a bit like a mirror, so both players had a wall to defend their mosh pit and the forests were evenly dispersed.  Both casters were behind their own wall most of the game so it would come down to an assassination or attrition game.

Reflections from playing the game were that the Menoth do work well in an attrition battle, I used their potent denial benefits to maximum advantage, i.e. protecting my jacks with no spell or shooting hymns from the choir, enlivening them whilst in charge threat range and using the Covenant to shut down all spells in its CMD range.  I slowly nibbled at the Cryx force wearing it down until not much was left.  Andrew had the opportunity to have a shot at eSevvy with Malice due to my mistake but wiffed the dice rolls (unlucky mate if you're reading), but eventually the Menoth came out on top.

I played another game last Sunday against my good friend Ben in Scarborough, we played at 35 points and I noticed that my list felt better at 50 points, but hey I'm sure everybody would feel better with 15 more points LOL!  In short I changed the list slightly before we played as a result of the conversation about what extra I got for the 15 points and I dropped the Wracks and upgraded the Revenger jack to the Blessing of Vengeance character jack.  Although the Wracks are great for that extra focus, the Blessing can just add that bit of extra hitting power, plus I like the converted model.

So I've made the change and the Blessing has made the list in favour of the Wracks!

2 comments:

  1. Think eSevvy will be leading the line at York then?

    I am enjoying playing with Circle too much to break off to practice with Cygnar so I had bst get some painting done so I can take them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like eSevvy as a caster, but in many ways I think I prefer his Prime counterpart. eSevvy can do some rude assassination tricks, but I prefer a good old attrition battle and pSevvy leans towards that with his spell list and my play style.

    As to eSevvy leading the line, he'll be hiding at the back ;-)

    ReplyDelete